Speaker: Chaitanya Baranwal (NUS Hackers)
Telegram bots are small programs that can embed in Telegram chats or public channels and perform a specific function. They can be quite powerful and do a variety of things, from sending you email notifications to marking attendance during tutorials. Join this workshop to learn how to make your own Telegram bots - by the end of the workshop, you would have deployed a bot using Python which performs simple functions like sending jokes and telling you the weather!
Here's an outline for the workshop:
1. Basic Python refresher
2. What is Telegram? Why Telegram?
- What is a Telegram bot?
- Bot examples
3. Learning about the Telegram API architecture
4. "Hello World" of Telegram bots
- Creating a bot which says "Uwu" to everything
5. More advanced bots
- Making HTTP requests
- Create a bot for fetching dad jokes from the web
6. Deploying the bot on Heroku
Workshop is free and open to the public (not only NUS students), and basic Python knowledge is preferred. Please bring your own laptop and charge fully before coming as power points are limited. See you there!
Recorded on: November 2, 2019
Produced by Engineers.SG
Recorded by: NUS Hackers