Speaker: Chandan Kumar
OpenStack is complex with lots of services and choices to deploy your own cloud in any fashion.
Deploying OpenStack from sources is hard. RDO is an OpenStack community distribution for RHEL/CentOS and friends.
RDO make it possible by delivering latest RPM packages with the help of different deployment tools by chasing trunk through different CI/CD with in days from upstream release.
This talk is about:
* A little history about RDO
* How they used to release vanilla OpenStack 2 years back.
* How they reached two days time frame on releasing RDO after upstream openstack releases through different CI/CD and proper testing.
* How Ansible and Upstream OpenStack tools (zuul gerrit nodepool ARA CentOS Infra software factory) made it possible?
* Making OpenStack usable to work out of the box through Tripleo Puppet Kolla CI
* Making it easy for installers to test against latest upstream code so that they can
Get released shortly after the services.
* How we are making OpenStack better through RDO?
* How you can also contribute in making it better?
Track: Cloud, Container, DevOps
Room: Event Hall 1-1
Date: Sunday, 25th March, 2018
Produced by Engineers.SG