DSSG Panel Discussion
Ever wondered what the different data roles like AI researcher, data scientist, big data engineer, machine learning engineer, and data analyst entail? What are skills needed to join their ranks? What role is suitable for you? Let us kick off 2019 with a panel of great data people to answer your burning questions about the data industry and what it takes to have a successful data career.
- Eugene’s (https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugeneyan/) mission is to use data to create positive impact and improve lives. He enjoys building data products and teams and has a track record of delivering measurable value. His work at IBM, Lazada (Alibaba), and now uCare.ai has provided experience in people-centric industries and data such as workforce analytics, e-commerce, and healthcare.
- Jaideep (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jdhok/) works as an ML Engineer at NTUC. He works with data scientists in productionising machine learning models. Prior to that he worked as a data engineer in Lazada. In Lazada he worked on creating the data ingestion pipelines and later worked as an ML engineer for the onsite ad project.
- Michael (https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-n...) is a Business Intelligence and Data Analyst from Agilent Technologies where he drives BI solutions to deliver insights to internal stakeholders. Prior to this, he worked in market research providing consumer insights to tech clients worldwide. He is passionate about uncovering actionable insights through visualizations and analytics.
- Weina (https://www.linkedin.com/in/weinadu/) is a Research Scientist in Rakuten institute of Technology Singapore who has working experience in recommender systems, customer churn prediction and retention improvement, data based investment, and deep learning based classification. Weina graduates from University of Amsterdam with a PhD in computational chemistry and biophysics. She believes that data and science can empower the society. Recently, she published an article on her experiences winning a deep learning competition: https://techblog.rakuten.co.jp/2018/1...
- Koo (moderator)(https://www.linkedin.com/in/koopingsh...) is an experienced Data Scientist/Analytics Instructor with an MBA degree & 12+ years of relevant experience. Personal research interest in using Data Science to make organizations become efficient & effective and assisting more people to understand & pursue Data Science.
Help us caption & translate this video!